We can’t feed every hungry person – but the food you bring will go to people in need. And that makes a huge difference if you can’t feed your family. You may wonder what are the best non-perishable foods to donate?
- Canned fish, such as salmon, tuna and sardines
- Canned meats, such as chicken and turkey
- Whole grains
- Rice (brown is more nutritious)
- Rolled oats
- Whole grain dry cereals with at least 5 grams fiber/serving
- Whole grain pastas, such as whole wheat, brown rice flour, or quinoa
- Peanut butter
- Beans and/or Chili
Please remember – no snack food, diet foods, super-size/bulk items, perishable items, glass containers, high sugar or high salt items. Every little bit helps.