Facebook has announced changes to what will show up in your news feed, putting more of what your friends post and less from Pages. If you have “liked” Niles Discovery Church’s Facebook page, you won’t see it as much as you used to. They say this is to increase the satisfaction of the user experience. Many think it’s really to get Pages like ours to pay Facebook money to get our posts into your news feed. Whether or not that is the case, here’s a workaround:
- On your computer, go to the Niles Discovery Church page.
- If you haven’t liked it already, click the “Like” button.
- Hover your mouse over the “Following” button; a menu will pop up.
- Notice where it says notifications, then look to the right of that word and click on the pencil icon.
- Click the little boxes next to “Posts” and “Events,” then click the blue “Done” button.
You should now get a notification every time some of the page administrators posts something or an event is created. You can then spread the word by “sharing” these posts and events.