At its meeting on February 15, the Cabinet approved a strategic planning process, which will help the congregation capture its hope and dreams for the future and make them concrete in goals and strategies to be implemented over the next few years.
The first step in the process is for Cabinet to appoint a Strategic Planning Team to guide the work. Team members will represent, as much as possible, a cross-section of stakeholders in the congregation (age, family status, ministry interests, etc.); Pastor Brenda will be the staff person on the team.
The work of this team will include:
- Revisiting, refreshing and streamlining the mission and purpose statements in the church’s by-laws.
- Overseeing the data-gathering phase of the process.
- Communicating with Cabinet throughout the process and with the congregation through Town Hall Meetings and the church’s publicity channels (newsletter, Sunday announcements, etc.).
- Creating a detailed plan with measurable goals, specific strategies, and identified responsible parties.
- Presenting the plan to Cabinet and the congregation for final approval.
The first opportunity to find out more about this process will be at a Town Hall Meeting after worship on March 13. Pastor Brenda will present the process in more detail and answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in being part of the Strategic Planning Team, please let her know by March 13.