If you’ve been looking for a way to put your faith into action, consider one of these volunteer opportunities. Some are in the church; some are in the community. All are great ways to put your faith into action.
- The Ministry of Evangelism and Outreach Team is looking for someone to serve as a greeter on the fifth Sundays of the month. If you’re interested, please speak to Alison Kieft. She will make sure you have all the training the position needs.
- Our secretary could use some help folding, attaching labels and stamps, and mailing our monthly newsletter, The Bell. The last Wednesday of the month is the day 100+ copies of the Bell are processed in the church office. And every Wednesday, there are worship bulletins to fold. If you can spare an hour or so on a Wednesday (especially the last Wednesday of the month) around 10:30 a.m., please join Randy for a folding party.
- The church’s Cabinet is still seeking a youth/young adult delegate for UCC Conference and Association meetings. Only people who are members of the church are eligible to fill this position. A job description is available from Moderator Cathy West or Pastor Jeff.
- The Tri-City Interfaith Council is working to get the City Council to declare Fremont a “Compassionate Community.” This is part of their work in support of the Charter for Compassion. Our Cabinet is hoping that one or two people from our congregation will join in this effort as “Ambassadors of Compassion.” If you’d like to help or learn more about the position, please contact Pastor Jeff.
- The Fremont Family Resource Center is looking for leaders to serve on their Community Advisory and Engagement Board. The purpose of the CAEB is to enhance community involvement in the FRC and to strengthen the link between the FRC programs and services, and the diverse residents of the Tri-Cities. For more information, speak with Pastor Jeff.