A church bell, that in its own right has an interesting history, has started a new chapter in it’s life.
The iron bell started its life as a church bell and a fire bell in Hayward. It became the bell for Niles Congregational Church in 1956, and when Niles Congregational Church and First Christian Church of Fremont merged, it became the bell of Niles Discovery Church.
Niles Discovery Church is moving to a new location, and the bell is coming along. The bell will be cleaned and protected before it is erected in a new belfry at the church’s new location. For more photos of the move of the bell from 255 H St. to the shop where the refurbishing will take place, click here.